What would WordPress can do without plugins? what makes WordPress so great and easier. Nearly 25,000 plugins are available on WordPress alone, So the sky is really the limit.
With the amazing power comes with great responsibility and it is an fact that using WordPress plugins can have a side effects if you’re not caring. So in this post I want to cover the most important things to keep these things in mind when using WordPress plugins on a WordPress site so that can enjoy all of the extra functionality and avoid the surprising difficulties.
1. Update Your Plugins timely
keeping plugins updated is absolutely important to the security and functionality of blog. Out of date plugins are targets for those in search of security weaknesses and can also break when new versions of WordPress and other plugins are released.
Regularly update your plugins, also periodically check plugins to make sure that they have been recently updated. Strongly consider removing plugins that haven’t been updated for an extended period of time ,as a rule of thumb .
2. Keep Deactivated Plugins Updated or Get Rid of Them
If a plugin is not active on your site you must sure that it is still updated. A deactivated plugin is still “live” on your site in the sense so site can be exploited as a security weakness. Incidentally, the same can be said for themes so my advice also applies there.
honestly says if a plugin is not active on site and you have no intention of using it in the future my opinion is that would be to remove it. The last thing you want is for your site to become a graveyard of unused plugins — if you want to keep things clean and tidy.
3. Deactivate Backend Plugins When They’re Not in Use
Most plugins put a distort on site’s resources, even if that distort is only minor. As such it is my suggestion that only activate back end plugins when needed.
For example the WordPress Database Reset plugin.This plugin makes it easy to reset WordPress by returning all or serving of a WordPress database to their original and default state. WordPress Database Reset plugin only needs to be active when trying to reset – it can be deactivated at all other times.
So in a nutshell, every single active plugin on a site should be utilised by your site. If not must deactivate it.
4. How many Number of Plugins are Important?
A plugin is just a simply extra code that is used on site. To an extent add the same code within your function a list .Php file and achieve the same effect.
Therefore, the number of plugins you have installed and activated on a site is not a major issue. The major issue is how coded and resource intensive your plugins are.In reality you need to be more worried about what plugins you are installing and using rather than how many.
5. The Number of Plugins Is Important
Having to deal with plugin with hoarder is an issue which developers mostly face as there are a near-infinite number of setup combinations across all WordPress installations. Most of the WordPress blogs are completely unique in terms of the combination of plugins installed.
So should be mindful of the quality of plugins you use, should also keep an eye on the number with a view to keeping things as simple as possible. In this case, less is typically more hoarder.
6. Quality Always Beats Quantity
Along that same point of view , should be very selective in deciding what plugins to install on a site. After all, every plugin may leave behind a footprint that is problematic to remove (especially if that is poorly coded). While it can be very incline to test and install every plugin on site, you should err on the side of caution .
When it comes to installing plugins you should look at a few points such as:
- Number of downloads of that plugin.
- what is the Average rating.
- must check the Reviews.
- The developer (are they well-established?)
- Last up dation ,is it regularly updated.
In fact when you are installing a plugin – it means you are installing a piece of functionality that would like to remain functional for the foreseeable future. If the plugin currently working nicely that’s a good start but you should make sure it will work in the future also.
7. Premium Means Doesn’t Necessarily Best
It’s a fact that people’s perception of value is impressed by cost. If any one offer you the same thing free of charge or at cost, your perception of value definitely to be change .
Mostly it is observed in people’s attitude towards premium plugins. The fact is that there are lot of premium plugin without scrupulous developers out there. Just because someone is charging you for a plugin does not mean it is good. There are amazing lot of extremely excellent quality free plugins out there developed by people who you can trust absolutely.
. If you use a reputable premium plugin developer you’ should likely to enjoy the best functionality, top notch support and consistent updates. The key is to make sure that you’re supporting the “right” developer. Don’t just do a Google search and go with whatever shows up – find out who people are happy to personally recommend. Always get involved with the WordPress community and make note of who is giving about a positive light. These are the person you should must look to buy from.
8. Some Plugins Are Considered Absolutely necessary for Almost every Site.
Yoast seo is a useful tool for all types of WordPress sites.
Different types of sits you are using different types of plugins for different purposes. Mostly plugins you install will depend on the kind of site you’re creating. An e-commerce store might demand a shopping cart plugin, for example, while a photography portfolio need a image gallery tool.can benefit Yet, there are some plugins that almost every WordPress installation should need to include, no matter whats your site’s focus is .
For example, if you want to attract as many visitors as possible, so your site can always a solid Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) plugin like Yoast Seo . Security is vital for keeping your site’s data and content safe, so a plugin such as Word is always a smart wager. One more example, custom contact forms (like those created with contact form 7 are useful for enabling your visitors to get in touch, whether you’re running a blog, business site, or storefront.
Even if you are thinking the kind of site you’re creating doesn’t require plugins, you might be surprised by how many options would be invaluable in functionality. There are many word press plugin that every website owner should know about – whether or not you end up using them.
9. Plugins Can Integrate Your Site with Other Tools and Platforms
Google Analytics Dashboard for WPenables you to integrate your WordPress site with the popular analytics tool.
. While it’s true that many are standalone options offering independent features, some are reliant on other software. In fact, there are many plugins designed to integrate your WordPress site with popular tools and platforms of all types. That means you can make those programs work smoothly with WordPress, without knowing a single line of code.
It diffecult to cover all the available integrations, but there are just have a few examples:
- Google Analatics Dashboard for Wp.With this plugin, you can track your site’s performance easily ,using Google Analatics ,and even see the results in your admin area.
- Mailchimp for word press:If you’re using the very popular Mailchimp email marketing plate form this plugin will help you to add new subscribers in a list from a WordPress site.
- Custom feedback feed. This plugin adds your Facebook feed to your website, and help you to customize it. There are similar options in the WordPress plugin directory for most of the popular social media networks.
So if you have some favorite tools you use every day to run your website or business, it’s worth checking to see if there’s a way to integrate them with your site. That way, you can streamline your workflow and not have to switch back and forth between platforms constantly.
10. There Are different Placeswhere you can Find Plugins Online
If you’re new to plugins, best option is to start with the WordPress plugin directory. These all plugins are free, and just have put through a vetting process. This directory also displays customer ratings and reviews, along with the number of WordPress sites currently using each plugin.
Many developers sell plugins through their own websites, and there are other directories with hundreds, or thousands of options. Keep in mind that most plugins not on WordPress.org will be premium, which means you’ll have to pay a fee to use them. The cost is often quite reasonable, though, and you’ll be able to find plugins that provide more complex, unusual, or targeted functionality.
Some plugin directory are as under below:
- CodeCanyon:This is the biggest directory of premium WordPress plugins online. You can find just about anything here, at prices staring as low as $2. You’ll also be able to view user reviews and ratings, and a great deal of information about each plugin.
- WPMu Dev;This directory is an excellent source of quality WordPress plugins, providing options in areas such as analytics, security, design, social media integration, and more. This site works a little differently from most directories, as you’ll just need a membership in order to use the plugins. However, the $49 per month price tag can be a good deal if you find multiple plugins you want (especially if you’re running more than one site).
- WPExplorel: Finally, WpExploral website! It offer a directory of free and reasonably priced plugins in a different kind of categories, from e-commerce to page builders and SEO. Check it out, and you’re sure to find something that attract you and according to demand of your website.
However, using plugins to get the most out of your WordPress site is not to be challenging. Just want to follow a few simple guidelines, such as downloading plugins from reliable sources, keeping them updated, and getting rid of the ones you don’t need. Once you’ve learned a few basic facts about plugins, such as those introduced above, you’ll be ready to start customizing your own site by your self.